Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Have you got time to be ill darling?

We are truly blessed. Our little lady hasn't been sick at all.

The only time so far we've had even a smidgen of health trouble was after some of her shots. She got a fever for a few hours which went down with some calpol (Gods gift to parents of sick kids!).

I think a lot of it is down to lack of contact with too many other people. We're not hermits but I work from home and my wife is a SAHM so we don't bring home a workplace full of germs and illnesses every day.

The problem which I am just realising now (as I have the flu and a sore throat) is what do we do if we are both sick? I suffered through my days work and am off to bed with some medication and water. My wife told me as I headed up that she is feeling a little worse for wear too.

So the race is on for me to get well before she gets sick. And both of us praying we don't pass it on to the little lady. How are you meant to handle two sick parents and a sick child? And how on earth do single parents cope with more than one sick child when sick themselves?

I know we will cope, and really hope our little lady doesn't catch it too. I know she has lots of sicknesses to get through in life, and that they will all build up her defences. I just don't know how I'll cope with seeing her unwell and not being able to stop it for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment