Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Balancing two

It is yet again ages since I've posted. Sorry about that.

Since Alan was born last July it has been a roller-coaster here - fun, exciting, new, adventurous but physically and emotionally exhausting. Trying to balance Alan's need for around the clock care with Rebecca's needs as a 3 year old is a steep learning curve, and good training for a job at the UN in the US-Iran department!

It is also strange the differing reactions we have to the same thing from both children - Rebecca screams out in the night and it is a thought along the lines of "what could be wrong? She is tucked in, has her nightlight, a drink and teddies", compared to Alan doing the same and it is "I guess that's a wet nappy" or looking at the clock and wondering if it is feed time.

Obviously I am totally smitten with both my children and balancing them both isn't really that difficult. It is a fear of missing some chance to give one of them some loving or fun because I am focused on the other that causes me angst. I'm a worrier by nature, and perhaps I should do as one family member suggested - chill out and enjoy being a parent more rather than worrying so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment