Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Time flies

I mentioned in my last post that you have no time when you become a parent, which is true.

But the other side of the coin is time goes by too darn fast. My little baby is only just over 7 months old but in ways I feel like she is packing her bags to move out. She is less dependant on us day by day and I can't help hearing a voice at the back of my mind saying "Stay this young forever!".

At this point I feel we have shared a lifetime together already. Every day brings something new.

Last night I was doing our usual nighttime routine - wash, change, change into pyjamas , read a book (Well, I read, she chews), have a bottle and most of the time get her into her cot and off to sleep.
All went great and she was guzzling down her bottle (it was a hot day so probably part of it). She got to the end where that little sucking air sound lets me know to pull the bottle away. I pulled the bottle away and when I did that she raised her shoulders, gave a big sigh, leaned forward onto my knee and fell fast asleep.

Hard not to cry out of love at times like that. I hadn't the heart to move her to the cot for a good 10 minutes, but knew I had to as it was going to disturb her sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment