Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Who is the parent and who is the child?

Having kids keeps you young they say. I'd agree, but then it also puts years on you!

We were driving up to the local village last weekend to have some breakfast as a family in the cafe there. It takes a good while to pack everyone into the car now there is Rebecca's little brother Alan as well. A newborn is a lot of work, a toddler is a lot of work, but together...go luck!

So my better half is already getting Rebecca into the car seat and I am taking Alan out in the baby chair when I see two of Rebecca's teddies on the floor - TT and Mr Floppsy. Surprised that she's left them behind I check with my wife who suggests sticking one into my pocket just in case. TT is the lucky candidate, mainly because it's a teddy blanket so easier to stuff into a pocket with my wallet, phone, ipod and keys.

We head off and have got about 100 metres from the house when Rebecca starts screaming that we have to go back, TT and floppsy are not in the car. Cue - moment of feeling like Daddy the super hero saving the day when I pass TT back to Rebecca with a smile.

Not so fast super-dad. Rebecca - "Where's Mr Floppsy? We have to get him!"

OK, I can work with this. Daddy - "But Rebecca, someone has to mind the house for us while we're out"

Mummy decides to help - "Yes, she has to take care of meeko" (Meeko is our cat).

I bring it up a notch. Daddy - "Yeah, if meeko needs to get in Mr Floopsy can open the door for her"

Before being brought firmly down to Earth. Rebecca - "Don't be silly Daddy. Mr Floppsy's only a teddy".

Yes Rebecca, yes, he is.


No comments:

Post a Comment